Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ridgid belt sander.

Not trying to get anyone defensive about their favorite tools here. We
all have some tool or another from some manufacturer that we love to
death and are as protective of the tool, manufacturer and reputation as
if they were a loved one.

I have owned so many tools over the last 30 years I have no emotional
attachment to them anymore. I don't really care what I pay for a tool
(within reason of course) as long as it is reliable, especially when I
consider my labor cost of having two of my guys out on the job. It is
nice if it is maintainable by me, but not necessary. I don't care
whose name is on the case.

If there was a magical brand that made good tools across the board, I
would only buy that brand. Call it a "no brainer".

As it is now, my tool box and shop are like a rainbow coalition.
Milwaukee saws, PC recip saws, DeWalt drills, Makita saws, PC and
DeWalt routers, Bosch sanders, Ridgid sanders, etc.

For me, it is whatever works. As always, just my .02.

Robert