Posted to rec.woodworking
Wanda Pangborn

Default Moderated group thought.

"William D" wrote in message
46.159...
Dave Balderstone wrote in
tone.ca:

In article 59,
William D wrote:

But* Russ Allbery recently announced his intention to resign from
Big 8 administration by next October. He will be replaced by a
new committee of ordinary Usenet posters.

Nobody knows what will replace the nan mods.

That will be decided by the soon-to-be-named committee members.

From Message-ID:
http://groups.google.com/group/news....f59a941c51fbed

"Russ and I will discuss the lists and decide how many people will be
on the initial Board. The number is not yet determined, so list
everyone, from most to least desirable. This is going to be the last
step before we actually name a Board which will then be empowered to
decide upon the general Big8 issues. So we are almost there."

The scene in news.groups is a mess right now, and personally I
have no faith things will get sorted out to *anybody's*
satisfaction the way in any foreseeable future.

We'll see.

Moderating unmoderated groups would be great for usenet if you ask me. So
much unnecessary noise here these days.

But it's up to the people who post here. (Even the cranky ones who insulted
me for no reason)

Wanda