Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT weed eaters

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:11:14 GMT, "Karl Vorwerk"
wrote:

What brand/model weedeaters do you guys prefer? We're looking for lower end
proffesional/higher end homeowner. I think gas would work best but the lady
with the rental units would prefer electric if there are any commercial
grade ones. Less than a half acre total of land. Mainly weeds and ground
cover. A personal note I hate those bump string extender mechanisms. They
didn't work 25 years ago and the one BD one I just used was worse.
Thanks for the info.

I finally got sick of th' usual HD type brands and bought a Stihl.
We've had one similar to th' link below for six years now and it's
never missed a beat. I purchased a cutting blade for smaller (2" dia)
alders trees and blackberry bushes, as well as th' weed eater head.

http://www.stihlusa.com/trimmers/FS45.html

My wife took over th' lawn mowing and weed eating chores three years
ago... hey, she *wanted* to do it for exercise, who am I to complain
g. Anyway, we have about 1 1/2 acres of grass, so it get used a
bunch! And it's not too heavy for her either, she's 5'3", 130 lbs.

Just another satisfied Stihl customer. My Stihl chainsaw is 16 yrs
old now and runs good as new too.

Snarl