Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges

Default exploding batteries in mp3 player

EricP wrote:
Simple enough. Leave it plugged in and check the temperature of the
battery at intervals. It will have to be pretty hot to "explode".

Problem with rechargables is they are a slightly lower voltage and
have almost no internal resistance, so can damage cheaper circuitry,
unless designed for them.

Having said that I have always used them even when it said not.

Me Too. /AOL
MY MP3 player (MSI megastick) runs fine on a NiMH AAA, for almost as
long as it's supposed to on an alkaline. No charging current on USB
though AFAIK - a test may be in order tomorrow in work as I can stick a
thermocouple in there.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk