asalcedo asalcedo is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural Philosopher
On 15 Nov 2005 10:44:18 -0800, Rick wrote:

I have fixed the 3 wc's in my place simply by bedding them on a good
quality anti-fungal silicone.

Thats no bad way.

The grey stuff that was there already is probably car body filler. Next to
PVA glue, it has more uses to fill gaps and stick unlikley things together
then almost any other substance.

Its worth a try. I use it extensively when making edgings for acrylic baths
- stick bits of wood to them with it and then fix to the wood.
Body car filler, interesting, thank you very much for the tip, makes sense, and I will certainly give it a try (if you have a web address to get it from it would be great)

I agree also that a good bed of silicone may just do it, I have noticed that other toilet pans at home may just have that.

I am going to do it haf way then: Body car filler through the two holes with grey stuff already, hoping they will bond somewhat, and a good bed of silicone all around the base.

Thanks,

Antonio