gastec gastec is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Marson
I have a victorian semi-detatched with an old fireplace in the
downstairs lounge (AT rear of building). We want to put a new
fireplace & gas fire in there.

Does the installation require a new flue, or is the existing chimney
able to be used for the gas fire without any alterations? The chimney
itself is in he centre of the house, and serves all 4 rooms in the
main part of the house (2 on ground floor, 2 on 1st floor) and has 4x
separate chimney pots at the top indicating 4 separate flues (One to
each room).

The installer is so far telling us it doesn't ned anything else done
to the existing chimney, but I'd rather be safe than sorry later...

--

I don't suffer from Insanity... | Linux User #16396
I enjoy every minute of it... |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/ |

Well i think that you should call Corgi for advise regards your chimney liner..Any gas engineer will tell you a standard brick chimney DOES NOT required a liner so long as it is in good condition ,,,meets the correct sizes,,,and passes the flue flow test....there are regulations that confuse non gas trained people///ive serviced tens of thousands of gas fires WITHOUT liners....If the smoke test proves a faulty Flue then i advise that a flue liner is required..