Default Proper siding caulking procedure?

Yeah, it's pretty funn how someone who didn't take the time to clarify
exactly what was to be done upfront, or watch what was being done, now
wants to waste endless time pursuing this, when the solution was
simple, straightforward and worked. It's not clear to me that the
contractor was so wrong. Every painter I've seen has used clear caulk
only in areas that were specifically not to be painted, like areas
around window trim. Now, if the contractor used a clear, unpaintable
caulk all over the siding, that would have been a real headache!

As for the dog issue, I have to agree with the poster who pointed out
that the homeowner is the one responsible for securing the dog when
work is being done, not the contractor.