Anthony Fremont

Default 24Hr/7 Day timer

"Bob" wrote

I have a project that requires turning a plastic disc (about the same

size
as a CD) through 360 degrees in 7 days or 24 hours using a battery

powered
system of some sort. The smaller and cheaper the better! Can anyone

suggest
the best way I should approach this problem?

If you don't need much torque, an old 5 1/4" floppy stepper motor would
give you 1.8 degree steps (200/revolution). You would need some kind of
logic to sequence the motor power wires. The nice thing about using a
stepper motor is that even with the power off, the motor will want to
hold its position.