Dick Snyder

Default New Craftsman bandsaw

I have read about a new bandsaw from Sears that sounds very interesting to
me. The most interesting thing is the price - $300. It even has a 7" resaw
capability though I have no plans to do resawing. A link is this:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...bcat=Band+Saws

The article says: "With welded-steel construction, microadjustable
ball-bearing guides, a blade-tracking window, dual dust ports, and a 20" x
16" cast-iron table, the two speed Craftsman 22400 12" bandsaw specs more
like and 18" bandsaw" It also has a drift adjustable fence and built in
worklight.

I have been unable to find any on-line reviews because the saw is so new. If
someone on this group either has purchased the saw or does so in the future,
could you please post your comments?

TIA.

Dick Snyder