Default equipotential earth bonding

David Hansen wrote:
On 16 Nov 2005 06:04:10 -0800 someone who may be
wrote this:-

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/electrical/....html#earthing

The FAQ says not to rely on the pipes for a metal bath, so how is one
supposed to make a connection?

Drill a hole in a suitable place, like one of the feet. Tap the
hole. Insert bolt.

Plastic feet ;-( only the bath is metal and I'm not drilling a hole in
that!

Is it OK to rely on the pipes to make the connection for a towel rail?

Does it have an electric heating element?

No, it's part of the central heating, hence the reference to pipes.

It's connected by pushfit so I assume I need to jumper around those but
I can do that unobtusively if I can rely on the last few inches of
copper pipe. Hence my question if you shouldn't rely on the pipes to a
bath, how can you rely on the pipes to anything else?

MBQ