Default Paint not drying on previously waxed doors

We stupidly mistook some interior wood panel doors as untreated but now
realise that they had been waxed many years ago. The oil-based gloss we
painted on them is taking ages to dry and I wondered if anyone had any
tips or advice.

The options I'd thought of a

1. Be patient, wait for the paint to dry and try applying a second
coat.
2. Replace the doors with new ones.
3. Try and strip off the still tacky paint, then try and strip off the
wax (if so, how?)

I don't really want to go for option 2; option 3 would I guess be messy
and time-consuming; I suppose I'm hoping that people will recommend
going for option 1!

Brett