The Natural Philosopher

Default Conservatory Heating

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:37:32 +0000 (UTC), Lawrence Zarb wrote:

What is the best way to heat a conservatory...I am looking for something
that will heat the room quickly, but not need to be run all the time

The fastets way to heat a space is with hot air blowers. These can be
retrofitted to normal CH pipework and equipped with thermostats and a zone
valve for independent control...- run the valve and thee fan off the stat
to stop water circulating AND shut off the fan. They have a muh higher
output per unit size, and the hot blast tends to equalise temperatures very
quickly. My favorite is the hot air curtains used in shops that blast hot
air down..this is excellenet if you have a high ceiling as the hot air
collects up high, gets heated and then pushed down to floor level...