Weatherlawyer

Default Salt in swimming pool

wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:

The chances of much more more a slight frost this winter are not good.
(Or rather the chances are better than good there will be no frost. Pay
no attenton to anything you may have heard on the BBC a few weeks back.

Well there was a slight frost in Glasgow this morning and the overnight
low is forecast to be -3 today and tomorrow. In Aviemore it's forecast
to be -4 and -5, so it looks fairly certain that certain parts of
Britain at least will experience a fair bit of frost before the
winter's out.

Quite right. I was even allowing for some in my forecasts for this past
spell. I should have qualified it as long lasting frost. And even then
YMMV.

Frosts usually occur with suny weather so unless you are in a frost
pocket and the depths of winter, the chances of the pool forming more
than a little rime at the edges are not that good or bad or what ever.
I imagine a sheet or tarpaulin would keep the worst of it at bay.

The chances are that there will be a lot of wet and windy weather this
winter. In fact I think it will be just like summer only a little
darker.

Especially at night.