Edev Edev is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sirett
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:22:12 +0000, rdean wrote:

You can test that this is the case by operating a tap and manually
encouraging the microswitch (taking care over its 230V contacts).

This seems to be a stock fault on 242s after about 10 years.

Maybe the piston is not retracting properly and thus the CH won't go
either?
Hi Sorry to jump on this, especially so long after it was originally posted, but it sounds a bit similar to the problem I'm having and wondered if the cause be the same.

I have a 242e or a 282e (according to the manual, can't find the model on the unit).

When the heating is turned on, the pump runs, but the burner never fires. If, whilst the heating is on (pump running), I turn a hot water tap on, the burner will fire, and the radiators will start to heat up.

However, as soon as the HW is turned off the burner shuts off, and the radiators go cold again.

Initially it only did this intermittently, but turning it back on after summer, it now does this all the time.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben.