DanG

Default Pressure Treated Wood & Aluminum

I would think you could wrap the posts with either visqueen or tar
paper. Should provide all the isolation you need.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

My builder has wrapped my pressure treated porch posts with
aluminum cladding. This was just over a year ago. Now the
aluminum cladding is being eaten away at by something in the
pressure treated posts.

My question is: I like the aluminum cladding look on the porch
posts and would like to know is there anything that can be put
in between the pressure treated posts and the aluminum cladding
to stop the corrosion?

Thanks!