Bert Byfield

Default Strange behavior in a GFI circuit

I understand the original builder still lives in my neighborhood...
perhaps I should take it up with him. :-) Might want to bring up the
subject of the plastic water pipes (what's that banned building
material from the early 90's again?) and the fact that they knock
whenever you turn the hot water on...
Ah, the joys of home ownership. :-) - David

No. Things have changed over the years. When you buy a home, it becomes
*your* problem. Take up the challenge. Your electricity must be connected
to the earth. Your plumbing must have those little vertical extensions that
prevent knocking. So on. Look at it as a challenge. ;-)