andy hall

Default Bloody washing machines..

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Oh dear. I hate this washing machine.

I amn tempted to replace it, but just in case its worth fixing...

... it leaks water.

Not when I haul it out and watch it run through a cycle...but when it is
actually washing - especially big or eccentric loads we THINK.

It's a Hotpont..

There's your problem right there.

.I suspect the plastic drum is cracked or something...is
this worth fixing or is it a chuck job?

Its already sheared off the mountings for the weights which are car body
fillered back on to it.

If its a chuck job, how much is a simple reliabel washing machine that does
cold as well as hot washing, these days..?

I suggest the following steps

- Check on the Miele web site for what you want. Most of the range
carries a 10 year parts and labour warranty all handled by the
manufacturer's excellent service operation.

- Then find the cheapest web price for it. Starts around £600

- Get on with the rest of your life because the problem will be solved
for at least 10 and probably 20 years.