Walter R.

Default How to disconnect fluorescent lights?

My kitchen ceiling has 4 light fixtures with 2 fluorescent lights in each of
them (T-12 4' long). This is too bright and wastes energy.

I would like to deactivate 2 of the fixtures. Can I just pull the 2 tubes
out of 2 fixtures, but leave these fixtures (with the ballast) connected to
the house wiring?

Would this damage the ballast? Would the fixtures, with the ballast but
without the tubes, still draw power? Or, should I disconnect the wires to
the fixtures (more trouble because I have to open the fixtures)?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net