Chris Harris

Default Router reccomendations

As some of you may have seen in other threads, I am norrowing down my power
tool wish list.

Now to the router. For this item I think I can afford a decent one that'll
last a very long time, rather than buy a cheapo. I currently have a Bosch
constant speed 1/4" job. It's a something 500. It's done me until now, but
now I want to go up to 1/2" variable speed job.

It'll get used for everything, mortising, dovetailing, panels, mouldings and
facings etc. etc.

What do you guys reccomend in this category?

Somebody previously suggested a Freud, but I had a look at the pics of one
on Amazon and it looked like all the bits didn't fit together very well.
Maybe it runs like a dream? Comments?

CJH