SteveB

Default Seattle shipyard 100+ welders auction

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
R. Zimmerman wrote:

I haven't seen a welding machine in a shipyard that was not full of rust.
The moisture is pretty hard on equipment.
Randy

Well, it has been known to rain on occasion here in Seattle .. :-)

I'm sticking with my decision to NOT go to this auction.

GWE

I would go just to look around on the off chance that there were some deals
there. Victor equipment weathers pretty good, and there are other treasures
to be had. I once bought a pallet load of welding cable from the Nevada
Test Site at an auction. I paid $50 for it, and they put it in my truck
with a forklift. I drove the 85 miles home at 33 miles per hour, I had such
a load in my bed.

I made a few bucks on that deal.

Well, more than a few bucks.

But as far as the IRS was concerned, I only made a little more than gas
money and the standard mileage deduction. ;-)

Steve