Michael Chare

Default Cavity Wall Insul;ation - does it work ?

"Stephen" wrote in message
Winter's here so I'm thinking about cavity wall insulation. My house was
built in 1989 of block and external brick construction but I can't tell
whether there is any insulation already there (I don't remember seeing
any when I made a hole for the cooker hood vent and there are no obvious
drill holes in the exterior to tell of an after-build installation).

Is it worth it - does it make a difference ? I can get my small 4 bed
detached done for £200 so realise it will take a few years to recoup
costs. But if it makes for a warmer house right away . . .

What do you think?

The cost is subsidised which helps.

If your house is at all prone to attracting green mold, then you may get more of
this.

--

Michael Chare