Bob

Default well woes

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm having a well put in in the foothills just east of the

Sierran
Nevada mountains. The area is rocky (decomposed granite)

and other
homeowners in the area have wells ranging from 150 to

about 300 feet
with good flow rates. One neighbor just put in a well

(same driller)
and gets 20 gal/minute. My well digger went down to 390

feet without
finding any significant water, but he thought there might

be some
higher up based on the hole filling overnight. So he

removed the "mud"
from the hole but found only about 7 gal/minute (which

seems inadequate
for a 3700 sq ft house). He says the only other (than 7

gal/minute)
option at this point would be to go deeper. This would be

deeper than
any of my neighbors, most of whom are at slightly higher

elevations
than me.

My questions:

2) What other choices are there if more water is not found

in the
present hole. Can large storage tanks be used to "buffer"

the
inadequate flow?

My parents put in a 1500 gallon storage tank. It has its own
pump.

Bob