Charles Spitzer

Default Any Ideas?

"Emmo" wrote in message
It's a water pump, right? So the worst thing that will happen is that it
will leak coolant. No big deal. So I would just bolt it up with the
remaining bolts and a big gob of RTV gasket goop and see if it leaks...

well, maybe. on a previous vette, the optispark distributor is underneath
the water pump. if the water pumpt leaks, the optispark corrodes and needs
replacement (ie, hundreds of dollars). gm didn't learn to do this right for
about 4 model years.

Unless you want to pull the motor, you aren't going to be able to either
drill it straight, keep nitric acid on it, or any of the other
solutions...

BTW, my 19 year-old smart-alek son calls this 'Hardy boy' work, as in,
"Dad, you going to Hardy boy this thing or do it right?"

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts