Martin

Default Radiator Valves

"John" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
Not sure where you'll find them - but why not take in a sample of your
handwheel and lockshield covers and make visual comparison, or even try
them on a new valve in shop?

Thanks for the reply, but I cannot take a sample in. It is a house I have
just bought and non of the radiators have wheels or locksheilds on them.
I never noticed they were missing during my pre purchase visits. I have
heard of sellers taking lightbulbs but never radiator wheels!!

That's extraordinary - if you know for certain they (or even some) were
there when you viewed, then contact your solicitor.

I agree with Set Square about finding a tame plumber - they do accumulate an
awful lot of potentially useful stuff...!

Alternatively a good builders merchant, used to dealing with the trade,
could prob help.

The tricky bit may be getting all 10 (or 20) to match - but maybe that isn't
so vital.

Out of curiosity, I just googled "spare lockshield" uk and got this

http://www.expressheating.co.uk/acat...or_Valves.html

13p each!!

With a further mix of likely words, you may come up with some more
options...

Keep us posted...?

--
Martin