Set Square

Default Radiator Valves

John wrote:

Before I go into a plumbers merchant(s) and ask, with the possibility
of been laughed out of the shop! Is it possible to buy replacement
radiator wheelheads and lockshield covers for radiator valves, (not
TRV). I have looked at Screwfix, BES and Toolstation but they don't
appear to stock them. I have only ever seen two different shapes to
the spindle tops, either square or an oblong shape with rounded ends,
mine are the oblong shape, so will any cover with this shape fit? I
obviously cannot take my valves with me to the shop to try them! I
realise I could buy the valves and use the covers but as I need 10 of
each, I would be left with 10 new valves with no heads or covers.

Cheers

John

Most valves are supplied with *two* caps - a handwheel and a lockshield
cover - so that they can be used for either. This means that 50% of the caps
must get thrown away. If you can chat up a friendly plumber who's installing
10 rads, you might persuade him to throw them in your direction.
--
Cheers,
Set Square