davidmc

Default Gutter cost in MA

i just rec'd a quote for replacing the gutters on my house, and would
like second opinions on whether the cost is excessive. I wanted
seamless aluminum gutters, for my 2-story colonial house that has a
footprint of 45 x 20 w/ 16 corners. The contractor quoted me $7500 for
the gutters w/ the leafguard on it, $5500 w/out it. And the garage
would have been $750 extra. Included in this price was $1300 to rip
down the current gutters, but the price didn't include replacement of
any rotten fascia boards (which would be $10/ft).

Does this seem exorbitant to anyone? It was double what i was
expecting. Now i kinda realize that there is no point in doing
seamless gutters b/c there's only one part of the house that exceeds
15', so by going w/ seamless vs. non-seamless i'm only eliminating one
or two seams.

Anyone have ballpark estimates (in boston metro) for how much a
standard aluminum gutter installation would cost? And how much would
copper cost?