Norminn

Default Ideas for permanent location for generator

CathyLee wrote:
Looking for ideas for a permanent location for our generator.

* My husband is away working and I cant lift the generator, I have a
baby to look after.
*The power can go off for days, and we do get snowed in, seems we are
the last to get ploughed out, only people I see are snowmobilers.
*A neighbours generator shut off one night during a outage in the winter
he went to put gas in it and it was gone
*In 2 feet of snow it is hard to find a level spot.
*We have added a generator panel to the house and have 5000 generator.
* We have a 10-20 ft shed but was told it wouldn't be wise to use it in
there even with all the windows open.

I will need to keep snow away, keep it chained...:))

Any ideas would help Thanks.
CathyLee

There were a bunch of people killed in Florida after the hurricanes from
improper generator vent. Just read an article about one who was a
retired mechanical engineer who knew not to put it in "enclosed space".
He had it oudoors in florida room with the windows of florida room
open. Ir ran out of gas, he went out to refill it and was overcome.

A few years ago, someone in our condo was using gasoline powered -
compressor for pressure washing in the atrium that is roofed but open on
sides. Our unit was closed up, with AC at opposite end of building, and
yet our CO alarm went off. The CO alarm was an old one that hubby
brought with him and didn't intend to use, as we have all electric.