Mikepier

Default High water table question

m Ransley wrote:
Your " standpipe" is 3" up water was 2" up you were real close to a
flood. Raise the pipe, concrete the base and get a screw cap to seal it.
Open it for watering or putting a pump down it, you have a very high
table, you may need pumping at different times.

As I said in my other post, the water never came out of the pipe, but
it did come up through the floor in the corners. So even if I did cap
the pipe and concrete the base, water would still come up.
I called the dept of public works yesterday, and they have a monitoring
well about a mile away from my house about the same grade where I live.
They said back in Sept, the last time they took a reading, they
measured water at 7 feet below street level, which kind of made sense
because my basement floor is 5 feet below street level, and plus the 2
feet below that is the water line in my pipe, equals 7 feet.
I asked the engineer if that was normal, he said yes.
I guess it somewhat answered my question. I just wanted to make sure
my house does not sink one day.