George Saridakis

Default cocobolo and satine lamination question

Hi Folks,

I have successfully been using Gorilla glue for almost all of my laminated
Ikebana style vases.

One problem I do have is when I make a satine & cocobolo combination. I
have a very visible resulting glue line along the grain, but not across the
grain. I use the same procedure as with other laminations including sanding
just before glueup, moistening surfaces with water, and the clamps I use are
identical as my other successful laminations.

Is there anything else I can do?

Can I color the glue?

BTW, my use of System 3 Epoxy for this application was a total failure
resulting in delaminations, so suggesting epoxy is not an answer.

thanks
George