RonB

Default The end of civilization as we know it?

I think they still sell good hand tools (wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers,
etc.) and their lifetime warranty has been a real selling point. Problem is
others such as Master Mechanic offer the same warranty at a fraction of
Sears Price. Why buy Craftsman?

I used to go to Sears anytime I needed a tool - didn't even shop. Then I
noticed that I was replacing certain power hand-tools more frequently than
before. They didn't hold up like earlier equipment. I quit buying them.

I have a 25-30 year old Craftsman drill press in my shop that remains a very
good tool. Only thing I have done is replace the belt a couple of times.
If the machine collapsed on the floor tomorrow I wouldn't buy another
Craftsman.

What's my problem? I simply think Sears turned their back on a pretty loyal
bunch of home workshop owners 15-20 years ago in favor of profits. A lot of
us just quit trusting them. Trust is hard to regain.

RonB