the_tool_man

Default I finally got my first (and last, I hope) tablesaw

Hi all:

Yeah. I know. I suck.

I have a few more questions:

The serial number is 966525. I looked on owwm.com, but the serial
number registry didn't have a listing for this number. It's painted a
bright green color with a red nameplate. How can I find out the year
of manufacture?

I downloaded a manual from the Powermatic website, but there appear to
be some differences between the information in the manual and my saw.
For one thing, my saw uses three V-belts, whereas the manual refers to
only two. Is there someplace where I can download a manual of the
appropriate vintage?

Since the saw came with no guard, I'd like to put some sort of riving
knife arrangement on it (raises, lowers and tilts with the blade). Has
anybody done this? There are plenty of discussions here comparing
riving knives with splitters, but they are mostly theoretical. I'd
like to know if anyone has actually installed one and can speak from
experience.

I'd still like to know if anyone has used a VFD, too.

Regards,
John.

Thanks in advance,
John.