Rex B

Default Any Ideas?

Last time this happened to me was on a water pump change for a 262 V6 GM
(same as a V8). I put it back together with the 3 good bolts and it was
fine for another 120K miles, when I sold the van.

- -
Rex Burkheimer
WM Automotive
Fort Worth TX

Relz wrote:
Well, I've gone and done it.

I was changing out the water pump in my car and I busted off a bolt in the
aluminum block. So, I tried an easyout. After breaking that thing off in
there I decided to weld a nut to the little bit of bolt that was sticking
out. The result is now a bolt that is completely flush with the block and
it has an easyout broke off in it.

I'm thinking of just putting it back together and hoping that it doesn't
leak with the one bolt missing.

Does anyone else have any other tricks up their sleeves?

Relz