Default Cavity Wall Insul;ation - does it work ?

Christian McArdle wrote:
Is it worth it - does it make a difference ? I can get my small 4 bed
detached done for £200 so realise it will take a few years to recoup
costs. But if it makes for a warmer house right away . . .

No brainer. Do it. Make sure they're competent, so that they block holes,
use full fill insulation and sleeve any airbricks.

Christian.

We had our 1980 built detached insulated 2 years ago and the house
certainly feels warmer, even with the thermostat turned down a couple
of degrees. Hardly a scientific report mind you.... Plus there was some
government subsidy or other on getting the work done, and the remaining
cost was spread over 2 years interest free. Well worth it. All
organised via the gas board IIRC.