T i m

Default Council "insiders" and planning permission

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:02:45 +0000, Ian White
wrote:

That's a very good point. The company wanting to "develop" the field out
back of us ran rings around the neighbours who objected, simply because
we were all first-timers.

Nothing illegal was done, but discretion was used in an area where
arguably it shouldn't have been... and by the time we found this out, it
was too late.

And the work that is actually going on (bulldozers, cranes etc) whilst
the planning is still (supposedly) under discussion?

And then the letter from the electricity provider apologizing for the
pending upheaval as they run a new power feed from 3 miles away ..
"this work has been planned for over 12 months .." shrug

It's not *who* you know now either .. it's how much money you
*promise* to the Borough (and then forget to pay .. the local Council
then takes you to court and that costs the local ratepayer even more
money ....) sigh

They wouldn't let me put up a 1m deep front house width 'porch' (like
the many around me) because it will 'spoil the street scene' but
allow ugly developement all around of steel framed 'sheds' (some
actually become 'D-I-Y 'sheds' and some become what would loosely be
described as 'housing' ?) that has a *far* bigger impact on the
'street scene' (and burden on the local infrastructure) than anything
I proposed .. but that's 'ok' ..?

Hmmmm

T i m