Jim Yanik

Default How to keep nuts attached to bolts

rastus wrote in
news
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:20:42 +0000, Yanni Appleseed wrote:

All joking aside, my nuts keep working their way off my bolts. The
bolts in question are metric sized from a handtruck I got at Harbor
Freight, so finding nyloc-nuts for them is difficult. Any other
suggestions other than super gluing them together permanently? Or a
place to get metric sized nyloc nuts?

Lock-Tite, or get a few same sized nuts, thread them on to the
bolt, tighten the two nuts together. Or drill the bolt after the
nut and safety wire it. Lots of different way to do this.

Just slightly dinging the bolt threads acts as a locker.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik