David W.E. Roberts

Default Vacuum cleaner for DIY

"Alan" wrote in message
snip
Most of the large supermarket outlets are selling domestic compact
vacuum cleaners (1300/1500W) for under £30.

I have one and it works well. It is built to a price but it is 'fit for
purpose'. Judging by the amount of heat my cleaner generates much of the
1300W may be due to motor inefficiency.

The disposable collection bag is relatively small (6x6x4 inches) to
fit the small size of the machine so consider the cost of the bags if
you are using it a lot for major cleaning activities.

As for getting into small nooks and crannies the supplied tools are
about the same size as supplied with any larger cleaner. However, it is
easy to hold the machine in one hand while sucking up the rubbish using
just the end tool on the flexible tube.

--
Alan

Thanks, Alan!

First realistic answer today (please note to all Henry fans it does NOT meet
my specification however much you love it).

Cheers
Dave R