Ecnerwal

Default F.E. Reed Lathe

In article ,
shtechie wrote:

http://www.diybanter.com/attachment....tachmentid=126

Ittle bitty one like that might go $250, might not. Better for wood than
metalwork, though better for wood with a wood type toolrest (the lathes
of this era/type often were the same bed and legs with different
accessories). Has it even got a leadscrew? (on back if at all, I'd
guess). I don't see back-gears, either.

Has the advantage from a classified ad or craigslist point of view of
being movable by a couple of guys. Price it low enough and someone will
bite.

I paid $400 for an FE Reed, but that was an honest swing of 17x60, as
well as gobs of tooling, in pretty good shape for the age, and I'm
tolerant of it's age. I have a wood-working version of the one you have,
only older (looks like they have not changed the legs any) as it's
badged "FE Reed, Makers" rather than the later "FE Reed & Co."