Mark S.

Default How can I 'burn' an old fence post out?

On 14 Nov 2005 05:23:21 -0800, wrote:

I came up with a plan.. Since I am already down about 12", I was going
to put a good bit of post in the hole that I had made and then try a
"Repair Spur", just to see if it would work.

Sounded like a good idea to me, until I found that 4" Repair Spurs are
almost impossible to get.. I even rang Metpost and was told that Travis
Perkins and Wyevale are the ONLY people who buy them off them. I
already know that TP have none as they checked their centre stock.. So,
if I can't get one froM Wyevale, then I am stuffed and its back to the
drawing board.

If anyone knows where I can get a 4" version of the Metpost "Repair
Spur" I would certainly be interested.

All the best

Jon

You could have just dug the concrete out and replaced it with a new
concrete post by now. :-)

Mark S.