Default question about refinancing before loan is 1 year old

amorica wrote:
Thanks again for the info Todd. My large loan (7/1 ARM) is at 5.375%
and my small loan (I say small, but its over 60K) is adjustable and is
up to about 7.75%--it started off at 6%. And these are interest only
loans.

Do they have to be interest only loans? Can you afford to pay some extra
principal on the "small" loan each month? You're not going to get the
equivalent of 7.75% in a savings account right now, and by the time
you do, the rate on the loan will be even higher.