D. Gerasimatos

Default question about refinancing before loan is 1 year old

In article . com,
amorica wrote:

Thanks for both of your input. I should have been more clear in my
original post. I want to refi because my small loan (15% of the total
cost of hte house) is adjustable and keeps rising. My large loan (80%
of the cost of the house) is fixed for 6 more years. So, with the
equity I've built up, I'd like to use that to help combine the two
loans into one loan. 30 year might be an option, but possibly a 10/1
or even another 7/1 ARM as well. I don't plan on being in the house
for more than another 5 years or so.
thanks for the info.

Are you taking any cash out in the refinance? You didn't answer that.
It sounds like the problem might be that you need the new appraisal
to prove that the combined loans are now only 80% (or less) of the
property's value? Is that right? I can understand why the lender would
need a new appraisal then. If they won't do it, why not find one that
will (assuming the appraisal is high enough)?

Dimitri