Default Neighborhood dogs leaving waste in my lawn

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:22:54 -0800, in misc.consumers.house Robert Morien
wrote:

Health issue? Dogs been pooping in yards for centuries and I doubt that
anyone with an IQ over 10 has had their health affected.

Does campylobacter jejuni care about the IQ of the person it infects? I think
not.

How do people get infected with this germ?
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/disea...%20this%20germ

Campylobacteriosis usually occurs in single, sporadic cases, but it can also
occur in outbreaks, when a number of people become ill at one time. Most cases
of campylobacteriosis are associated with handling raw poultry or eating raw or
undercooked poultry meat. A very small number of Campylobacter organisms (fewer
than 500) can cause illness in humans. Even one drop of juice from raw chicken
meat can infect a person. One way to become infected is to cut poultry meat on a
cutting board, and then use the unwashed cutting board or utensil to prepare
vegetables or other raw or lightly cooked foods. The Campylobacter organisms
from the raw meat can then spread to the other foods. The organism is not
usually spread from person to person, but this can happen if the infected person
is a small child or is producing a large volume of diarrhea. Larger outbreaks
due to Campylobacter are not usually associated with raw poultry but are usually
related to drinking unpasteurized milk or contaminated water. Animals can also
be infected, and some people have acquired their infection from contact with the
infected stool of an ill dog or cat.