Colbyt

Default Replacement windows -- do I believe the salesman?

"Andrew" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am thinking of purchasing Gorell 3505 Cliimate Master double-hung
replacement windows for my 1917 Rowhouse.

The salesman claims that the U-Value is 0.31 and the VT is 0.71. 0.71
seems awfully high for a window with a U-Value of 0.31. Could this be
true?

He also claims that if I get armour glass on the widows it only lowers
the VT to 0.68. This also seems to good to be true. Is it?

I tried to find these windows on the NFRC website, but I couldn't.

Thanks,

Andrew

All replacement windows are as good as the measuring and installation.

You may have some super value for the unit itself but what about the cracks
and gaps caused by poor measuring, bad installation or really " out of
square" window openings.

Salesmen sell. Smucks are sold. The intelligent buy what they need after
proper research or experience.

On a positive not if there has not been any major settling you 1917 house
may have more square opening than a lot of newer homes.

Colbyt