Brigitte

Default GE Profile Washing machine problem...

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

GE Profile Washing machine

Not a model# !

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

I opened the lid to the washer and it was still
agitating, but the center agitator was tilting way over to one side**

The whole tubs are leaning to one side?

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

After looking at the link you provided, my uneducated guess would be that
there's a problem with the rod/spring assemblies. The way the washing
machine tub seemed to fall to one side, and will operate normally if I hold
the basket and agitator upright.

I hope I'm right, as it seems this could be a relatively simple fix. On
Saturday I'll disassemble the machine and see if it's as easy as I imagine.

Brigitte