Mxsmanic

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?]

David Maynard writes:

Saying they're 'dense' is a bit harsh and you're basing it on the culture
you're used to. I mean, if everything you saw was a picture of what's
inside then you'd probably expect the picture to be a picture of what's
inside too.

But I would still realize that a picture of, say, a mountain on the
label would not mean that a mountain was contained inside the jar.
While I can understand that they might be accustomed to having a
picture on the jar that shows what's inside, I also credit them with
enough reasoning ability to realize that an actual baby isn't going to
be crammed into the jar just because a picture of one is on the label.

It reminds me, though, of the famous story of the illiterate woman (in
the U.S.) who bought a gallon can of Crisco because she thought it had
a roast chicken inside (there was a picture of a roast chicken on the
label).