Greg G.

Default Tool ReReview - Refurb Delta Unisaw - Part Three

joe2 said:

This is tantamount to allowing yourself to be pulled off topic.

Yeah, Yeah - cheap shot, I agree. But my fingers have a mind of their
own - especially the middle one... g

Greg, you have knowledge and experience that allows you to articulate
some great info on the new Delta Unisaws, very useful. I’m following
your posts with interest. Stay on topic, bud, let the chaff fall to
the side.

But that's no fun....

You can (and should) have the self adhesive measurement tape replaced,
as well as the saw blade. Call Delta at 1-(800) 223-7278, tell them
you just got a Unisaw and what you need, and they will UPS you new
parts, no questions asked. Note: if you have the 3/4-in wide
self-adhesive measurement tape, it does not appear in their parts list.
Ask for part number 79-067 (3/4-in, 6-ft length, English/metric).
Remove the old tape and install/cut the new one. And yes, anyone can
do a cleaner cut on the end of that tape than Delta does.

I'm actually not concerned about the measure. I will probably replace
it with a Starrett metal 3/4" anyway. It was just FYI.

As for Delta's number - hey, it's on the speed dial. g
I have a shop full of their stuff. I've never had much of a problem -
except one right after B&D bought them. And another when I tried to
get the parts through an authorized dealer who subsequently billed me
for warranty parts. And then there was the time...

Greg G.