Ed Sirett

Default Eleven Tips on Getting More Efficiency Out of Women Employees

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:43:41 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Suz" saying
something like:

Seems quite reasonable and accurate for attitudes at the time, [snip]

"they lack initiative in finding work themselves"
"husky" girls - those who are just a little on the heavy side - are likely
to be more even-tempered and efficient than their underweight sisters"
"a surprising number of women turned down for nervous disorders."
"Women are inclined to be nervous and they're happier with change"
"make some allowances for feminine psychology"
"pick young married women"
"older women ... ... are inclined to be cantankerous and fussy"

Reasonable?

Seems perfectly fine to me.

My Granddad was a sheet metal basher, during WWII in B'ham.
His job was to organize teams of women to build aircraft.
He did sort them into who would be best at various types of work.
Chunky ones got to use an air hammers and riveters and other heavier
tasks. Petite ones were selected to crawl into tiny inspection voids to
install control wires and pulleys. Ones with 'refined' hands were set to
installing instruments.