Cicero

Default Council "insiders" and planning permission

"freddyuk" wrote in message

We have discovered that a house at the end of our road (the corner plot)
has been bought by a local counciller. We also know in the past they
have used their contacts in the council to get round the planning laws
which apply to Joe public so we are concerned that an extension is
about to be built and will detract from our road frontage and devalue
all the properties in our road.
What options do we have to prevent building going ahead on the basis
that Travellers and the like have regularly obtained retrospective
planning.
We are determined to catch this early as we reckon that once work
starts they will get away with it!

Not strictly a DIY subject but a guess many on this board will have
come across planning issues??

Thanks for any ideas.

Freddy

--
freddyuk

If you believe that a Councillor is abusing his position you might have a
case for the Local Government Ombudsman.

Look he
http://www.yourrights.org.uk/your-ri...nt/index.shtml

Cic.