Dave Fawthrop

Default Council "insiders" and planning permission

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:14:38 +0000, freddyuk
wrote:

| We have discovered that a house at the end of our road (the corner plot)
| has been bought by a local counciller. We also know in the past they
| have used their contacts in the council to get round the planning laws
| which apply to Joe public so we are concerned that an extension is
| about to be built and will detract from our road frontage and devalue
| all the properties in our road.
| What options do we have to prevent building going ahead on the basis
| that Travellers and the like have regularly obtained retrospective
| planning.
| We are determined to catch this early as we reckon that once work
| starts they will get away with it!
|
| Not strictly a DIY subject but a guess many on this board will have
| come across planning issues??
|
| Thanks for any ideas.

All planning applications are advertised, in outline, on little yellow
boards, which tell you to go to the planning department to see full
details, you have ??? days to object. I have done this and it works fine.
Keep your eyes open.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk