Bill

Default Neighborhood dogs leaving waste in my lawn

Dogs will not poop where they eat. So each time you have a bone or some
leftover food you are going to throw away, put it where they are pooping.
This has worked the best for me.

"Dan" wrote in message
Surely this is an age old problem. Others must have brilliant
suggestions.

someone or some people in my neighborhood are not taking care of their
dogs
properly and are allowing them to leave waste in my yard. It's annoying,
and potentially a health issue. I never have seen any particular dog
doing
it, so it's not like I can ask a particular neighbor to improve their
behavior. It's generally within leash length of the sidewalk in front
of my house, so I can't tell if it's loose running dogs, or people walking
their dogs without cleaning up after them.

What have you folks done to discourage this sort of thing without
resorting to anything illegal or rude to the innocent non-offending
neighbors?