Ian

Default $50 craftsman reciprocating saw -- opinion?

Also, you're not guaranteed quality with name brand either. I ploughed
down about $120 a few years ago for a Porter Cable reciprocating saw,
I'd say it was used on and off for about 2 years during various home
remodelling projects, one time I went to twist the blade release collar
and everything just fell apart, the collar came off a ball bearing went
missing as did a spring. Unfortunately at $50 for the service center to
just look at it, it made more sense for me to throw $100 at a new
DeWalt.